Spinach and Feta Frittata
- 1 Tbsp Oliver Oil Extra Virgin
- 250 gms Fresh Spinach Washed and Drained
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 250 gms Feta Cheese Cubed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 whole Portabello Mushrooms Sliced Optional
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed and Chopped
- 1 Small Shallot or small onion Chopped
In a solid frying pan heat your oil and add your onions, garlic, and mushrooms and sauté until lightly brown
Reduce the heat and add your spinach till it wilts
In the meantime add all your other ingredients to a bowl and whisk till all combined and slightly frothy
Add your liquid to the frying pan and mix well together then allow to solidify over low heat.
Here is the trick with Frittata. Keep moving your pan from the stove to under the grill so that the top solidifies and browns under the grill.
Now back to the stove top to ensure the liquid is cooked through
Allow to rest for a few minutes - slice through and serve
It has to be Prosecco or a light refreshing white or a really good quality Coffee.